In the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), Personal Date is defined as “ any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (“data subject”), an identifiable person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that person.”
How we use your information
- Collect your data to give you appropriate individualised legal advice
- Process your data to respond to queries and give quotations as to costs or in answer to other questions you have posed to us either by email, post or telephone
- Process your data in response to queries made directly through our enquiries page of our website
- Process your data to draw up legal documents specific to your defined requirements
- Retain your data on file to enable us to continue to advise you of changes to the law
- Retain your data on file in accordance with our legal obligation to hold client information
- Retain your data on file to enable us to contact you annually to check with you that there have been no changes in your circumstances which would result in any required changes to your legal documentation
Will we share your personal data with anyone else?
We may need to pass on your details onto third parties who are either contracted to, or part of Wills-etc Limited. Any third parties who we pass your details onto are obliged to store your details securely and only process them if responding to a query from Wills-etc Limited either on your behalf, or from a query initiated directly by Wills-etc Limited. When the time comes that they no longer require your personal data, they will dispose of this accordingly and in line with our company policy. If we wish to pass your personal data to a third party, we will only do so with your explicit consent, unless we are legally obliged to do so otherwise.
How will we use the personal data we collect about you?
Processing data constitutes as collecting, storing and using. We will process this data in accordance with the GDPR. We will do our utmost to keep your information accurate and up to date and not keep it longer than is necessary. Wills-etc Limited may issue occasional reminders to all customers to keep their contact details up to date and will update them accordingly.
Please be advised that there is information that we are required to keep in accordance with the law, as such information needed for tax and audit purposes. As a provider of legal services we must retain client files indefinitely, as a protection to you against any possible legal claim. Such storage is GDPR compliant.
Under what circumstances will we contact you?
We will only ever contact you when necessary, or when you have requested that we do so. We do not mean at any point to be intrusive or ask for unnecessary information. We will do our best to ensure that the information we hold is as secure as possible to minimise the risk of unauthorised access or disclosure.
We can confirm that all information not required to be retained on file, such as draft documents, are confidentially destroyed. Wills-etc Limited utilises the services of an off-site provider who is GDPR compliant.
Can you find out about the personal data that we hold about you?
If you want to see the personal data we hold on you and how it is processed, you may contact us to request this. This is known as a Data Subject Access Request (DSAR) and you must request this in writing (either by post or email), providing the necessary identification before any information is released. If Wills-etc Limited do store any of your personal data, you may request information on the following:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation that has determined how and why to process your data. In some cases, this will be a representative of the EU.
- Contact details of the GDPR owner, as well as the legal basis for processing.
The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of the SWW or a third party, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- If we intend to transfer the personal date to a third country or international organisation, information about how we ensure this is done securely. The EU has approved sending data to some countries because they meet a minimum standard of data protection. In other cases we will ensure there are specific measures in place to secure your information.
- How long the data will be stored
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
- Whether the provision of persona data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such are profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
What forms of ID will you need to provide in order to access this?
Wills-etc Limited will accept the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested:
Passport, Photo Driving Licence, Utility Bill (from the last three months), Notarised ID Documents.
Contact details of the GDPR Controller
Postal Address: Helen Eynon Wills-etc Limited PO Box 1179 Guildford Surrey GU1 9QF
Registered Office Address: The Bell House 57 West Street Dorking Surrey RH4 1BS
Telephone: 01483 564833
Registered Company Number: 7364886
Data Controller’s ICO Registration Number: ZA350366
By continuing to use this website, you accept that we use the following cookies:
We use Google Analytics to provide us with information about how our website is used, such as what countries our visitors are browsing from, and what pages are the most popular. The data gathered is anonymous and can not be used to identify individual users.
You may block the collection of the data generated by the cookie and the data related to your use of the website (incl. your IP address) to Google as well as the processing of this data by Google, by downloading and installing a browser plugin available from the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
When you click “ok” on our cookie consent popup banner, a cookie called ‘cookiescriptaccept’ is set so that you will not be asked to reconfirm your acceptance for a period of time.
How to control cookies
You can control and/or delete cookies as you wish – for details, here is some more information. You can delete all cookies that are already on your computer and you can set most browsers to prevent them from being placed. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some services and functionalities may not work.
Log files are automatically generated on our web server to record all visits to this website. In the event of a website malfunction, the log files can be used to help to diagnose the problem. Server log files contain information such as the visitor’s IP address, type of browser and the time of their visit.
Links to other websites
Our website contains links to other external sites. You should note, that if you click through to any of these external sites, we do not have control over that site. We cannot be responsible for the protection of any information that you provide to these other websites as they are not governed by this privacy statement. You should always exercise caution and look at the privacy statement of whichever website it is that you are visiting.